How To Prepare Your UTV For Trails
Now that it is officially spring and the weather’s getting warmer, you will find us on the mountains more regularly riding in our UTVs. But before we head out, this is what we are doing to prepare our machine for the open air, trails, and dunes.
Scan Your Machine
Make sure you give your UTV a thorough scan before hitting the hills. You will want to make sure your machine is in tip-top shape before going out. We suggest you give your UTV a good look-over before every ride, but especially before your first ride of the year and every big trip.
- Tires — Your tires take the most wear and tear on your machine. In addition to making sure the tire pressure is where it needs to be, you will want to check the tires for any signs of damage and uneven wearing and verify the tread is still good.
- Fluid Levels — The last thing you want on the hillside is for your machine to quit working. Before heading out, check your fluid levels. Make sure you have enough gas in your tank and that your oil and coolant levels are good.
- Screws and Bolts — Bumpy mountain trails have a way of loosening screws and bolts on your machine. Give each screw and bolt a quick tightening before every ride.
Refresh Your Mind with the Owner’s Manual
If it has been a minute since your last ride or you’re new to the UTV world, you might want to give your owner’s manual a quick read. Even UTV experts need a refresher now and then. Thumbing through your manual will help you familiarize yourself with every button, lever, and feature your UTV offers. Remember to keep your manual handy and with your machine at all times. You never know when you’ll need it, especially when you are on the trails and out of cellular reception.
Pack Emergency and Safety Gear
It’s hard to know when an adventure will get too adventuresome, so it is best always to keep emergency and safety gear in your UTV. Bring along a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, straps, and food and water on every ride.
Outfit Your UTV with UTV Windshield & Accessories
Now for the fun part! Well, we think this is all fun, but this part is especially fun. UTV Windshield & Accessories has everything you need to deck out your UTV.
- Windshields — We offer half, full, and back windshields for a wide variety of UTV machines. Our windshields fit your UTV like a glove and are made of the highest quality, scratch-resistant materials.
- Accessories — Whether you need safety accessories or accessories that will make your ride more enjoyable, UTV Windshield & Accessories is your one-stop-shop for decking out your UTV ride. We carry safety accessories like fire extinguisher holders, straps, and winches. We also carry accessories like storage organizers, hitches, additional lights and mirrors, and more.
Call UTV Windshield & Accessories for all of your UTV needs. Check out and shop our online store today.