Everything You Need to Know About UTV Seat Covers
If you’re hoping to upgrade your UTV with some useful accessories, UTV seat covers help make your vehicle more comfortable and cleaner.
Whether you use your UTV for recreation, work, or both, you’ve invested a fair amount of money in your vehicle. Keeping the interior clean will help you preserve its value and boost your enjoyment every time you head out for a ride.
Seat covers might seem like an unnecessary expense, but they’re vital accessories you should consider. Seat covers for your UTV will protect the interior from stains, smells, rips, tears, and other damage. Additionally, there are countless other benefits you may not have yet considered.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about UTV seat covers — from benefits to installation and much more.
Benefits of UTV Seat Covers
You likely prioritize seat covers for your car, so why would you treat your UTV differently? Here are some of the top reasons you should invest in seat covers for your UTV:
- UTV seat covers keep seats clean and dry – No one likes climbing onto dirty seats, even if you’re out on a messy UTV excursion. One of the biggest advantages of investing in seat covers for your UTV is that they will keep your seats clean and dry. Instead of letting mud pile up on the actual vehicle seats, your seat covers will take the brunt of the mess. And since these covers are designed to handle this type of wear and tear, you can trust that your seats will be preserved for many years.
- They are easy to wipe clean – What’s the point of having seat covers to protect your interior if you can’t keep them clean? The best UTV seat covers are ones that are easy to remove so you can simply spray them off and toss them in the washing machine. Most covers are designed to be wipeable and machine washable so you can effortlessly have clean seats ready for your next adventure.
If your seat covers are canvas or vinyl and thus, not machine washable, follow thesecleaning tips:
- Vacuum to remove any dirt or debris
- Wipe with a damp cloth
- Use a low-pressure hose with cold water to remove any stubborn debris
- Lay flat in the sun to dry
- Avoid using a dryer or detergent
- They protect your UTV from the elements – Seat covers not only keep your seats clean from flying debris, but they will protect them from inclement weather and the elements too. During a long ride in the hot sun, UV rays can be incredibly damaging to your vehicle’s interior. The best UTV seat covers completely block out harmful UV rays to keep your seats in pristine condition for as long as possible.
Water is another potentially damaging element. You won’t have to worry about water damage, mold, or rotting fabric with waterproof covers, even if you’re riding through a creek or rainstorm.
- Seat covers give new life to old seats – If you’ve had your UTV for a few years and already noticing the effects of UV rays, water, and other elements, seat covers are an excellent way to restore your old seats. Installing a whole new set of seats probably isn’t necessary or worth it — seat covers transform your interior in seconds. Simply slip on your new covers to bring your cracked, faded, or ripped UTV seats back to life.
- They add comfort – An adventurous UTV ride can be quite bouncy and uncomfortable. Besides practicality, most seat covers have some comfortable advantages, like foam inserts; this means you’ll have some added luxury and comfort that you wouldn’t otherwise have with your regular seats.
You can also customize your seat covers with your desired fabric and cushioning support. Your seats will be contoured for maximum cushioning and comfort so you can enjoy your time on the trails fully.
- There are many style options for seat covers – What’s functionality and comfort without style? UTV seat covers come in such wide varieties that you can be sure to find the perfect fit for your vehicle. As you’re shopping around for a seat cover that can block the sun and give you extra cushioning, don’t forget to search for the exact type, color, and pattern options you want in a seat cover.
Installing Your UTV Seat Covers
Many seat covers can simply slip over your seats — transforming your UTV in seconds. For a complete reupholstery installation, follow these steps:
- Gather supplies – you’ll need a flat-head screwdriver, needle-nose pliers, scissors, and a staple gun.
- Pry up the old staples with your screwdriver and pull off the old cover.
- Slip the stitched front piece over the front of the seat to align your cover properly. Next, flip the seat back over and place one to three staples to keep it in place while you work on the next steps.
- Pull the seat cover out and back every six inches. Install staples on the left and right evenly as you progress downward. Smooth out any wrinkles with each set of staples.
- To properly contour the rounded edges of the seat, make waves in the fabric as you install each new staple. There should be one staple about every inch.
- Use your scissors to trim off the excess fabric on the underside of the seat.
Gear Up at TerraRider UTV Windshields & Accessories
We know you’re excited about your future UTV adventures, but before you go, ensure your vehicle is ready with UTV seat covers, windshields, and other helpful accessories. We carry products specifically designed to fit most UTV makes and models.
UTV Windshields and Accessories has built a reputation for quality and service delivering the best UTV seat covers and accessories available. Join our many happy and satisfied customers today by visiting our online shop! And please contact us with any questions or requests along the way.