- Winter Maintenance and... 17.11.2022
What to Wear on a Fall UTV Ride
Expert UTV riders know that what you wear on a fall UTV ride can make or break your adventure, so your outfit choices absolutely matter.
Fashion and looking good aside, wearing adequate clothing to help protect you and keep you warm are essential for a good time. Not only that, but you’ll also be more comfortable, which will allow you to spend long hours adventuring and enjoying the crisp autumn weather.
Take a look at the best clothing to wear on your next UTV excursion.
What You Should Wear on a Fall UTV Ride
There are a few essential pieces of clothing and accessories you should bring on your autumn UTV adventure. Here’s our must-have list:
- HELMET — Wearing a helmet is a no-brainer, but we would be remiss if we didn’t mention it. Safety should always be your number one priority on the trail. In addition to preventing head injuries, a high-quality, well-fitting helmet that meets all safety standards will keep your head and face warm from cooler mountain temps. If your helmet doesn’t feature a face shield, make sure you wear goggles that fit your helmet and that your goggles have some sort of seal, like foam
- LAYER UP — Fall weather can be unpredictable. Mornings and evenings are cold, midday temps can be blaring, and a storm can quickly roll in. Make sure you are ready for whatever Mother Nature throws your way by wearing layers. Start with a light, long-sleeved shirt to protect your skin from the sun and flying debris. Next, add a thicker shirt or sweatshirt. Lastly, trail riding comes with major wear and tear, so wearing a protective, water-resistant riding jacket or vest is necessary. Add or take away layers throughout the day as needed.
- PANTS — Shorts may be tempting for midday rides; however, pants are always the best route for UTV rides. UTV riding involves a lot more movement than you might think, so find something you’re happy with wearing all day long. Whether you choose your favorite old pair of jeans or opt for your roomiest trail riding pants, comfort is key. If the weather forecast is looking cold, layer long underwear or leggings under your pants.
- GLOVES — Riding gloves do a lot more than just keep you warm. They protect your hands from the sun, chafing, blisters, and flying debris. On a warmer day, consider ventilated gloves in a lighter color. For colder days, make sure you have thicker, waterproof gloves.
- FOOTWEAR — Wearing water-resistant, over-the-ankle boots is necessary for UTV riding, regardless of the season. You’ll want your shoes to be sturdy enough to maintain traction on your UTV and be able to hold up when getting yourself unstuck.
- SPF — Sun protectant isn’t only for the summer months; UV rays work year-round. Combat prolonged sun exposure with a little SPF.
Contact TerraRider UTV Windshields
You can make trail and mountain riding much more comfortable, enjoyable, and safe simply by wearing the right clothes. Whatever you choose to wear on your fall UTV ride, just make sure your ride is decked out with the highest quality UTV accessories and the best aftermarket windshield with TerraRider UTV Windshields. Check out our online shop today to get yourself ready for your next UTV adventure.